DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING :
Civil Engineering is for people who desire to see the nation grow and enhance the quality of social life. This is an emerging and powerful branch of Engineering, study of which enables the students to obtain a B.Tech. degree in Civil Engineering. As a civil engineer, you will help development of industry, transportation systems and infrastructure that are the milestones of our economy. Civil Engineering is about community service, development, and improvement. It includes planning, design, construction, and operation of facilities essential to modern life. As a civil engineer one will be called upon to play a major role in developing water, oil, gas, mineral and other natural resources and address energy needs and urban community planning.
State of Art Civil Engineering Labs :
- Engg. Mechanics & Exp. Tech. Lab
- Civil Engg. Material & Geology Lab
- Computer Programming Lab
- Building Planning & Design-I, II
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- Concrete Lab
- Hydraulic Lab
- Surveying Lab-I, II
- Design of Steel Structures-I, II
- Structural Engineering Lab
- Engg. Economics & Management
- Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis
- Environmental Engg. Design & Lab-I, II
- Road Materials Testing Lab.
- Geotechnical Engg. Design & Lab-I, II
- Water Resources Engg. Design-I, II
- Computer Aided Building Design
- Design of Foundations
The prevailing boom in the infrastructure and construction sectors has brought the limelight back into civil engineering, with the demand for civil engineers growing exponentially. With the Indian Government�s renewed thrust in the construction sector permitting 100 percent Foreign Direct Investment, the need for quality civil engineers will shoot up. This sector is witnessing heightened activity as a result of which there has been a substantial increase in the number of projects. Thus there is a surge in demand for quality civil engineers.